Last night I was the happy recipient of an invitation to preview The Social Network. I won’t spoil it for you, but I can say it was much better than I had expected.
Here’s a quick overview of characters:
- Erica Albright – inspirational muse
- The Winklevie – bad project managers
- Eduardo Saverin – clueless try-harder guy
- Sean Parker – über sleazy guy
- Mark Zuckerberg – “you’re not an asshole Mark, you just want to be”
Hands down, Mark Z is not being framed as the bad guy everyone sorta feared. If anything, the evil doer would seem to be Sean Parker. That can’t be a good look for him, but at least he was played by Justin Timberlake, so that aught to take some sting out of it. 🙂
While I certainly enjoyed the film, it should be noted that it’s a fictional account based on factual events. Probably why including, “85% emotions and 15% perjury,” made for such a good line.